State Bar President Urges Governor to Boost Funding for the Judicial System, by Brittney Weiland, Rotunda Report
Some Thoughts on the Supreme Court’s 2016-17 Docket, by Alan Ball, SCOWstats
Gov. Scott Walker wants Wisconsin's independent judicial watchdog under Supreme Court, by Jason Stein and Patrick Marley, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Here are the lists of the Wisconsin Court System's links to any
- Supreme Court opinions scheduled for release, and to this week's
- Supreme Court opinions, and
- Court of Appeals opinions scheduled for release, and to this week's
- Court of Appeals opinions,
- Court of Appeals summary dispositions, and
- Court of Appeals certifications,
Supreme Court pending cases and pending disciplinary complaints include those scheduled for oral argument February 15th, 17th and 28th (see Synopses; a link to live streaming audio of oral arguments is available; Wisconsin Eye has tentatively scheduled video coverage;) and March 15th.
The next conference on pending petitions for review is February 13th, followed by March 13th.
Here are links to final Orders on Supreme Court Rules petitions.
Pending rules petitions include those scheduled for hearing or conference February 16th. (see Agenda; a link to live streaming audio of rule hearings and conferences is available; WisconsinEye has tentatively scheduled video coverage;)
The Court of Appeals has oral argument scheduled for March 8th, 20th, and 28th, and April 24th, and May 3rd.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit Opinions and Unpublished Orders
Wisconsin Judicial Council:
- next meeting February 17th;
- latest posted agenda for meeting January 20th, with notice of Appellate Procedure Committee and Evidence & Civil Procedure Committee meetings that day, and of Criminal Procedure Committee February 14th
- latest posted minutes for meeting December 16th;
- latest Projects Update - January 2015.